Your System Administrator to Grant access to Workplace
Before you notify the Business that Workplace is open for validation. You will need to make sure the Workplace Administrator (Validator) and Workplace Manager have the correct secured actions.
As a System Administrator, complete the following:
- Navigate to Resources > User Security.
- Click the Roles icon.
- Click on the role. Either Workplace Validator or Workplace Manager. The Edit Role form displays.
- In the Add secured actions list, click the Filter icon, see Security in Workplace Portal for the secured actions.
- In the filter field, enter the name of the secured action. The list is filtered.
- Click the secured actions checkbox to select the actions.
- Click the Update Role button.
Notification Received that Validation is Open
You will receive an email notification to inform you that the Validation is open.
Do you have the correct number of workpoints for your team?
Check that your team(s) have the correct number of workpoints.
If the workpoints need to be adjusted then either complete the adjustment in the Block and Stack (VBS) or if you do not have access to the VBS then contact your System Administrator.
Is your team a Fixed Team or Flexible Team?
You will need to know if the team you are validating is a Fixed Team or a Flexible Team as there are different validation tasks to be completed.
The teams are identified by the key difference which is Fixed teams work at a 1:1 ratio, with one person assigned to each desk where Flexible teams, have no assigned seating and often work at a greater than 1:1 ratio.
The easiest way to know if a workpoint on a floor is fixed or flexible is the shape. Fixed workpoints are circles, and flexible workpoints are triangles.
Fixed Teams have occupants that are assigned to a workpoint.
Flexible Teams have occupants that belong to the team only, as opposed to each individual having an assigned workpoint.