If you want your employees to launch an email, for example, to contact your IT support team. Your System Administrator can set up a Concierge Menu item to launch an email.
You will need:
- Image - Either download an image from Concierge Menu Images Gallery OR source your own Concierge Image (Width 750px Height 836px PNG image)
- System Administrator access to Engage Configuration settings
Step 1. Set up the My Profile page
You will need to set the the questions for the My Profile page, refer to Set up the My Profile Questions.
Step 2. Link to Launch the Email
Remember that the Concierge menu must have 3 menu items set up for it to work in the Engage app.
- Navigate to Admin Settings > System Config > General > Engage Configuration.
- Click the Concierge Menu tab.
- Click the Add icon. The Add form displays.
- In the Sequence field, enter the sequence number. The concierge menu displays the items in a circular scroll. For example from number 1 beginning the first item to number 10 last item.
- In the Title field, enter the heading.
- In the Description field, enter the short description.
- In the URL field, enter the email code.
Link to Email
This code will open the email with no subject. The employee can enter the subject and message in the email.
This code will open the email and include the email's subject IT Support Request. Then the employee can add to the subject and/or enter the message in the email.
mailto:email@example.com?subject=IT Support Request
8. Upload the image.
9. Optional - Check the Emphasized check box to display the accent line next to the heading and short description.
10. Click the Update button.