When you want your employees to only reserve a desk on a particular floor.
In the VBS you can see that the 3rd Floor of the Hunting Office is allocated to different flexible teams (note the floor can have flexible teams and/or neighborhoods). In this example, you will set up the employees in the floor to be able to reserve any desk on the floor.
For the specific floor you will need to set up the desk booking access to Floor.
From the Spaces Module, complete the following:
- Navigate to Spaces.
- Use the Location Selector drop-down to navigate to the building and floor.
- From the Selector, select the Engage Booking Access view. The floorplan displays the booking access by color.
This view only displays spaces that are set to Interactable, if you do not see a specific space then check the Space Type's setting, refer to Set up the Space Types for Engage.
4. Click the Edit Floor icon.
5. Click the Bulk Update icon.
6. Click on the floorplan and drag the cursor across the points to select.
If you need to reposition the floorplan when selecting points, then use the panning mode. Either hold down the space bar or click the Planning Mode icon and then reposition the floorplan.
7. For the Reserving Enabled check box, click the Don't Update and change this to Overwrite.
8. Check the Reserving Enabled check box. When this checked this will enable the Booking Access drop-down.
9. For the Booking Access drop-down, click the Don't Update and change this to Overwrite.
10. From the Booking Access drop-down, select Floor.
If your existing building has employees with assigned seats then you will need change the fixed team to a flexible team.
11. Click the Update button.
12. Click the Publish Changes button.
Click the Cancel button to close the Bulk Update.
The spaces are updated to allow the employees in the floor to reserve the desks.