SVLive is a technology designed to capture real-time utilization of office space within a company. It works by analyzing the computer network to determine which users are connected to the network, whether they have been active recently, and where they are located.
SVLive then sends this information back to the SVLive Utilization API in near real-time. This data provides a platform for many property related functions including:
- Workplace optimization (based on actual utilization).
- People location functions such as Wayfinding/Kiosk/Activity Based Working (ABW).
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S).
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP).
The SVLive minimum requirements for the Serraview Switch Scanning Service and the Serraview Presence Service, are found in the Operating Environment article.
SVLive is a highly scalable, low impact tool designed to collect real-time utilization information with almost zero performance impact on the network. SVLive collects readily available information from various sources within the corporate network and is flexible enough in its installation to support many different configurations, including Wi-Fi.
SVLive is broken down into separate components:
- Serraview Presence Service – User presence monitoring installed on devices such as laptops and desktop PCs that sends data to Serraview Cloud for processing.
- Serraview Switch Scanning Service – Computer location detection service that scans network switches and sends data to Serraview Cloud for processing.
- SPS on SOE will require:
- MQTT connection via Firewall to SVLive cloud - to send utilization data.
- HTTPS connection via HTTP proxy to SVLive cloud - to fetch configuration.
- Switch Scanner is hosted within your network, is entirely via HTTPS connection via proxy/firewall.
- MQTT gives you the most accurate, real-time data, of all SVLive implementations.
- This implementation is only viable if your Network Security team supports MQTT, direct to the cloud.
- Standard HTTPS web proxies and SSL Offloading methods don't support MQTT traffic, generally speaking.
- All connections from SPS & SS are outbound only. We never initiate inbound connections to these applications.
- This implementation is recommended for the fastest, reliable Active/Away, and Location data for Locator (Wayfinder).
That IT Security Policies do vary, and some organizations may not support MQTT data out of their network at all.
- Both SPS and Switch Scanner only connect via HTTPS.
- This implementation gives you good quality data, at cost of real-time latency, as now MQTT is not leveraged in the solution at all.
- Standard HTTPS web proxies, and SSL Offloading methods are supported with this implementation. *All connections from SPS & SS are outbound only. We will never initiate connections with these applications.
- This implementation can provide Active/Away, and Location data for Locator (Wayfinder).
Wireup Workpoints Manually
The purpose of wireup is to take data from building/floor level down to each individual desk/space by making a connection between the physical location of the desk and the switch port that services that desk.