You can create Flexible teams the block and stack in Block & Stack (VBS) using the Auto Stacking tool which combines the blocking and stacking functions. For more details, see Auto Allocate in VBS for details, and to turn on the auto allocate, see Configure Auto Allocate in the VBS.
It is strongly recommended that stacking or blocking is done at Team Level. Using the lowest possible level in the structure as the foundation of the block and stack enables reporting and communication across all levels of the business and is particularly useful when doing scenario planning.
Add Flexible Teams to the Stack and Block
You can add a Flexible team and match their ratio to the floor, which has been set at 1:1.2. This is a typical ratio applied to Flexible teams. If you are unsure of what target ratio to apply, then contact your System Administrator.
Step 1. Add the Flexible Team with no workpoints
- Using the Location Selector field, navigate to a building.
- From the Legend, click the Group By drop-down, select Team Level.
- From the Information Panel, click the Teams tab.
- Click the Add icon. The Add Team form displays.
- In the Overview tab complete the following fields:
- In the Name field, enter the name of the team OR leave blank to use the Org Unit name.
- From the Org Unit drop-down, select the organization unit.
- From the Location drop-down, select the building and floor.
- In the Workpoints field, leave the default value of 0. When you use the Auto Stacking tool this field must be the default value of 0.
- From Working Style option button, select Flexible.
- If you do not want to use the default target ratio, then uncheck the Target Ratio check box, and in the Target Ratio field, enter the target ratio.
- Click the Add Team button. The stack is updated with the team.
Step 2. Block the Flexible Team with the Auto Stacking tool on
Use the paint tools to block the team.
- On the VBS Blocking toolbar, make sure Auto Stacking icon is turned on .
- From the stack, select the team you just created.
- Use the VBS Blocking Toolbar's Painting tools to block the floor. As you block space on the floorplan you will see the stack grow alongside your blocking.