SVLive Wi-Fi enables the collection of two-dimensional coordinate location data for users who are on the wireless network.
Change Management - Wireless Access Points are Added, Removed, or Moved
The modification of Wireless Access Points (WAPs) on the floor will need to be added to the Serraview. The physical network address of each Wireless Access Point (The BSSID) and its location on the floor are necessary for WLS to calculate user’s positioning. For more information, refer to Serraview Wi-Fi Overview.
Impact on Service
With incorrect WAP mappings, users on a wireless network may not show up in the right location in the Wayfinding application. Utilization reporting will also be incomplete or inaccurate.
Change Management - No Wi-Fi locations when a laptop is on a LAN connection
Check your Laptop for settings that might disable the Wi-Fi card because on HP Laptops the bios settings are where users can disable the Wi-Fi card when they have an active wired LAN connection.
We recommend that you change the following settings when using an HP Laptop so that we get more reliable Wi-Fi data.
- Navigate to the BIOS, and change the LAN/WLAN Switching setting from Enabled to Disabled.
- Then save the setting there by hitting the F10 key and again when you exit the BIOS (save settings and exit).
- Navigate to the Windows Control Panel> System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Stop the "HP LAN/WLAN/WWAN Switching UWP Service" and change the startup to manual. Now both the WIFI and ETHERNET will work at the same time.
Refer to the external articles:
- Wi-Fi disabled by lan/wan switching. HP 8470p. How do I fix this and enable Wi-Fi? (link to the HP website)
- Wi-Fi disable automatically when I connect ethernet cable into my laptop (link to the HP website)
Wi-Fi Maintenance Reports
If you need to check the WAPs details then you can generate the reports in the Reporting module.
The reports available are:
|358||358 Wireless Access Point Locations||
This report displays the Wireless Access Points and their locations.
|359||359 Wireless Access Points Floorplan||This report displays all the Wi-Fi Access Points (WAPs) on the floorplan.|