Transfer Outbound Mail Items
Once an Outbound mail item checked in to the application, the item should be checked out (delivered) to a third-party mail courier before the item leaves the facility. Refer to the following procedure on how to successfully transfer ownership of Outbound mail items being taken off-site.
- Tap the Deliver button on the Mail Home screen. The Delivery Queue screen displays.
Note: You can also search for a mail item directly by tapping the Search button on the Mail Home screen. Otherwise, the Delivery Queue screen displays all floors that are scheduled for mail delivery.
- Tap the Outbound button in the upper-right corner of the Delivery Queue screen. The Outbound Scan screen displays, where you can scan a barcode.
- Scan the barcode of the package being transferred to the third-party mail courier. The Hand Off to Courier button displays in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Repeat this step for each package being transferred to the courier and then proceed to step 4.
Note: We recommend you scan each package being transferred to ensure the correct packages are transferred; however, you do have the option to bypass the barcode scan.
- Tap the Hand Off to Courier button. A confirmation message displays.
- Tap the Check Out button on the confirmation message. The package is Checked Out of the application and can be transferred to the third-party courier.