This article will help you manage your Asset field settings including custom fields.
This article applies to + Basic, + Professional, and + Enterprise.
1. Select the Modules tab on the ManagerPlus main ribbon, then click on the Assets icon in the main menu.
2. Click on the Asset Modules Setting icon on the right side of the screen.
- Default Status: Status used when creating a new Asset
- Sold Status: Status used when an Asset is marked as Sold
- Hide Child Assets: When unchecked, you will be able to set a parent or child asset relationship when creating or editing an asset.
Lookups: Lookups are what ManagerPlus calls a drop-down menu. The following lookups can be managed in the Asset Settings. Double click on the "Lookup" you want to change.
- Asset Category: When creating or editing an Asset Category, you can manage the logs, custom fields, and options related to the category.
- Asset Type: When creating or editing an Asset Type, you will select the related category which will then display the custom fields and allow you to set any defaults for that Type.
- Asset Groups: When creating or editing an Asset Group, you can add main or subgroups by clicking the Plus sign, delete by clicking the minus sigh, or edit the Group name by clicking the Pencil.
- Asset Status: When creating or editing an Asset Status, you can mark the status as being an active status by clicking the Active checkbox.
- Asset Note Types: Creating Asset Note Types allow you to categorize your Asset Notes.
- Log Types: You are able to create a log that is metered or unmetered, consumes inventory, uses log warnings, or allows cost entry. You can also create a calculated log that can sum logs, average logs, or set a min or max.
- Manufacturer: You can create Manufacturers that can be related to Manufacturer Models.
- Manufacturer: Models: When creating models, you can select a related Manufacturer.
- Custom Field Groups: Custom Field Groups allow you to group like custom fields.
- Seasons: When creating Seasons, you can set a Start and End Month with a Start and End Day.
Custom Fields: Custom Fields are linked to Categories.