Creating a Customer Record is a simple process. In just a few simple steps, you can have a Customer Record up and running. The following steps will help you create a Customer Record.
This article applies to + Professional and + Enterprise.
1. Click the Modules tab, then click on the Customers icon in the ribbon on the main page.
2. On the left panel, click the green New icon.
3. After clicking New, fill in the appropriate fields.
4. When you have finished Step 3, click the Save icon. Once the Customer Record is saved, you have finished creating the Customer Record.
Field Descriptions *Required field
- *Customer ID: Unique identification code for the customer. It can contain letters, numbers, or a combination of both, and can be up to 24 characters long. The Customer ID should be something meaningful to you since the Customer List will be sorted by this ID by default.
- *Name: Full or official name of the customer. It can contain letters, numbers, or a combination of both, and it can be up to 50 characters long.
- *File As: Name of the customer as filed. For Example, if the customer is Luis Acosta, you might prefer to file that customer as Acosta, Luis.
- *Status: Status of the customer. The available options are determined when you set up the Customer Module.
- Email: Customer’s email address.
- Price Point: The price point (percentage markup) applied to the customer’s inventory purchases. Leave this field blank to use a global price point or select from price points set to be restricted to select customers.
- Barcode/Tag: (Optional) Specify a custom barcode using your company naming convention. System generated and custom barcodes can be both be used.