Manually linking a Work Order to a Purchase Order is an important aspect of tracking business expenditures. Linking a Work Order to a Purchase Order can be easily done by following these few simple steps:
This article applies to + Professional and + Enterprise.
1. Create a New Purchase Order or open an already existing Purchase Order.
If creating a New Purchase Order, all required fields must be filled in and then saved before you can proceed to Step 2.
2. Click on the Work Orders tab on the side ribbon.
3. Select the Link Work Order icon.
4. Search for the correct Work Order # in the search bar.
5. When the correct Work Order appears, enter the Order Quantity needed to complete the Purchase Order.
6. Finally, click on OK to finalize this process. Once you have finished this step, you have successfully linked a Work Order to your Purchase Order and are ready to proceed. If you need to Delete a Work Order, see Step 7.
7. To Delete a linked Work Order from a Purchase Order, after selecting the Work Orders tab, click on the Delete icon. A pop-up icon will appear asking you to confirm this deletion. Upon clicking OK, the Work Order will be deleted.