Definitions of Fields in a Work Order
- Last updated
Save as PDF
This article defines each field and tab found in the Work Order home screen.
Log into Lightning and click on the Work Orders icon located on the left.
Work Order List View
- Work Order Number: Lightning will automatically assign you a WO number upon creation
- Work Type: The first indication of what type of job this is. Defaults include Corrective, Preventive, and Predictive
- Purpose: Brief description of what the work order will accomplish.
- Asset: Asset that is the subject of the work order.
- Assigned: Employee assigned to this work order.
- Due Date: The due date field allows you to set a date and time by which the Work Order should be completed
- Status: Status of the work order. When a work order is generated automatically or created manually, the status is set to the default. The status will change after the work order is completed.
- Notices: Identifies Work Order characteristics that you need to be aware of.
Work Order Detail Screen
- Work Description: The field contains the Requested Work Description that was submitted through the Requests module
- Failure Code: Option on Corrective work types that states why the asset failed (Accident, Operator Error, Weather Damage, etc)
- Schedule ID: Name of the scheduled PM that caused this work order to be created (Appears in same space as #2, but only on scheduled PMs)
- Priority: You can choose the state of the priority, including Minor, Normal, Major, and Critical
- Budget: The budget that this work order will be assigned to. This field is automatically populated with the budget assigned to the asset.
- Completed Date: This field is designed for you to put in when the work order is actually completed.
- Scheduled Date: The date the work is scheduled to be performed
- Asset Details: Shows the 10 most recent work orders performed on the asset, as well as Manufacture/Model, and current location
- Status History: Shows when and who changed the status of the work order, from start to finish