Inspections are by far the most common form of preventive maintenance procedures. Typically, an inspection involves an established list of tasks to be performed and critical points examined to avoid potentially costly breakdowns.
Companies often follow industry-standard inspections, but it is also very common to see organizations with custom inspection forms made for specific equipment or occasions. Inspection Templates give you the ability to recreate those inspections digitally, so when the time comes, you are assured that your vital assets are being examined and cared for.
Key Benefits and Features
- Easily prepare planned reoccurring inspections for your maintenance schedules
- On-demand inspections are available at a moments notice
- Know exactly when an Inspection standard was established and last updated
- Establish To-Do Lists & Critical Checklists
- Work Orders can be auto-generated when a problem is discovered
- Integrates seamlessly with Work Orders, Operator Companion, and Work Companion
- Templates can be pushed out to specific assets or groups of assets
To Create a Template
Inspection templates are divided up into three main sections:
Header: Contains the assigned description of the Inspection, and the assigned Service Code.
Body: This is the heart of the Inspection template. The options for the person conducting the inspection are:
Signature: Final inspection verdict of:
Once the Inspection has been created, it can be made available for the recommended Assets, Asset categories, or Types of Assets.
The Service code can now be used in Maintenance Plans to embed the inspection into the PM or Work Order.