There is an old saying that goes: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. In the world of asset management, finding ways to reduce expenditures is critical to your bottom line. Preventative maintenance is extremely effective at reducing the costs associated with downtime and breakdowns and is significantly cheaper to perform.
The idea of preventative maintenance to reduce the overall cost of ownership is not new. It has been around for a long time. What is preventing companies from fully implementing preventative maintenance is outdated tracking systems, lack of communication, and lack of accountability. Regardless of the reason, however, it’s costing your company money.
We have all the tools you will need to:
- generate appropriate preventative maintenance schedules
- help you track your assets' overall efficiency and productivity
- help you maintain your equipment’s highest level of peak performance while saving you money in costly repairs and the need to purchase new equipment.
Now, this doesn’t mean a lot if you don’t know how to use it. This software has the ability to do amazing things, but if all it does is sit on your computer, that power is going to waste. If you find yourself in this situation, it might be time to figure out how to put those tools to use.
Watch the Video
This video focuses on:
- set up your maintenance plans
- choose which assets to be on the plan
- manage the PMs (Preventive Maintenance) as they come due
Complete the Learning Paths
Afterwards, we suggest these PM module learning paths:
- Learn how to see what PMs are coming due, and turning them into active Work Orders with this learning path called PMs - The Basics
- Administrations will need to learn how to adjust the progress of existing PMs, and how to create & schedule new PM Plans. Explore the learning path called PMs - Admins Creating & Managing scheduled PMs.