Add Space Profile for a Desk
Space Profiles use a template-based model rather than location inheritance to apply settings and space attributes to a room, desk, or lobby. You can use the space profiles to set attributes like capacity or amenities that had to be manually set at every space now can be configured at the profile level and applied to spaces.
Step 1. Add a Space Profile for a Desk
From Teem Web complete the following:
1. Navigate to Manage > Locations > Space Profiles.
2. Click the Create Profile button. The New Profile dialog displays.
3. In the Profile Name field, enter the name.
4. For the Type drop-down, select Desk Profile.
5. In the Description field, enter a short description.
6. Click the NEXT button.
Step 2. Set up the Attributes
The desk profile is saved and the Attributes tab displays.
Important Note: You can lock an attribute at the space profile level or leave it unlocked, which means:
- Unlocked attributes can be overridden at the space level.
- Locked attributes cannot be overridden at the space level.
By default, the attributes are unlocked and if you want to lock an attribute then click the unlocked icon (and to unlock an attribute click the Locked icon).
7. In the Capacity field, enter the number of seats for the desk. Note for a desk the capacity would be 1.
8. In the Notes field, enter additional information about the space and this is for internal use by Admins only.
9. In the Photo area, click the CHOOSE FROM LIBRARY button.
10. Either upload an image or select a previously uploaded image from the library. Note: The file size must be less than 2MB.
11. In the Amenities area, tick the equipment and resources for the space.
12. Click the SAVE button.
Step 3. Set up the Booking and Display Settings
Next, you will set up the booking and display settings for the Space Profile.
13. Click the Settings tab.
14. Complete the settings:
- Booking Settings
- Zombie Meetings
- Issue Reporting
- Room Display Settings
- Room Display Layout
- Advanced Scheduling
- LED Enclosures
- Device Security
- Display Brightness
- Device Health
Learn more about the Booking and Display Setting in the article called Booking and Display Settings Overview.
Step 4. Assign the Space Profile to the Desk(s)
When you first set up your rooms during Onboarding your desk(s) will not exist yet. We recommend that you create your space profile first (which are you doing now) and then add your desk(s). When you add the desk(s) this is where you will assign the desk(s) to the space profile.
If your desks exist then you will need to know the desk numbers as this only has a desk listing and no map view.
1. Click the Settings tab.
2. Click the ADD DESKS button.
3. Click the FILTER button. The Filter form displays.
4. Filter for the location.
5. Click the APPLY FILTER button.
6. Either search for the desk or browse the list for the desk(s). In this example, you want to assign desks D.101 to D.110.
7. Select the desk(s).
8. Click the APPLY button.
The message " Attributes and settings for these spaces will be reconfigured to match this profile. Previously unassigned spaces will lose all location inherited settings and overrides." displays.
9. Click the CONFIRM button.
The space profile is created.