Screen commission prerequisites
If screen commissioning has been purchased the following must be in place prior to the Condeco engineer attending site.
- Screen mounting plates secured where the meeting room screens are to be located.
- Pre-terminated network cable with RJ45 connector at the screen. The terminating cable should be approx 20cm from the mounting plate entry to the connector.
- The network cable must be patched and operational on the network.
- The network connection must be capable of supplying Power over Ethernet (PoE) to the screen either from the switch or via an inline injector somewhere between the screen and the network switch. These should be in place and powered up.
- Access to the domains listed in the allowlist. Learn more about the domain allowlists
Screen with connected mounting plate shown in yellow
Glass wall: If fixing the screen to a glass wall you need the optional glass mount kit. Contact your Condeco account manager for more details about the glass mount kits.
There are three cable entry points on the mounting plate located top left/right and bottom center, as shown in the illustration.
Mounting plate showing cable entry points
Consider the location of the cable entry points when deciding where to mount the meeting room screen. Typically, the power or network cable runs aside, or inside the door frame, and enters the mounting plate from the side.
The mounting plate contains knockout points for when the screen is positioned over the cable point in the wall.
Mounting plate showing knockout points
Recommended screen height
The final screen height should be determined by local disability access requirements. The ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) guidelines require that the highest point of interaction is not greater than 48 inches or 1220mm. We find 1150mm – 1170mm from the bottom of the device typically a suitable height.
If possible, fit the device on the side of the wall nearest the door handle.
Mount the screen to a wall or partition
When fixing a screen to a wall or partition, use screws (not supplied) through the 4mm fixing points to secure the mounting plate to the wall, then fit the screen to the mounting plate using the screws provided.
Mounting plate showing fixing points
Fix to a glass wall
Meeting room booking screen mounted to glass
To mount a meeting room screen to a glass wall we recommend using the 3M foam pad provided with the device and the additional vinyl double-sided sticker provided separately. As well as improving the appearance of the device from the reverse of the glass, the vinyl is easier to remove if needed.
Vinyl glass wall mount
The double-sided vinyl sticker is provided separately. Contact your Condeco account manager if you wish to fix your screen to glass.
How to mount the screen to a glass wall
- Refer to the 3M Vinyl Application instructions to secure the vinyl to the glass and wait 24-hours before continuing.
- After 24 hours, remove the protective backing from one side of the 3M foam pad and stick the pad onto the mounting plate.
- Remove the remaining protective backings from the 3M foam pad and the vinyl sticker, then firmly secure the mounting plate and foam pad to the vinyl.
- Secure the meeting room screen to the mounting plate using the screws provided with the device.
ACCE01 Vinyl double-sided sticker
ACCE01FOAM 3M double-sided foam pad
Connecting the cables and screen
When the mounting plate has been fixed to the wall, plug the LAN cable into the RJ45 socket on the rear of the meeting room screen.
Feed the LAN cable through the appropriate cable input hole in the mounting plate.
The 12V power input is to aid development and troubleshooting only, it is not intended or certified for normal operation. The Condeco meeting room screens are designed to be powered via PoE (Power over Ethernet).
Clip the screen on to the mounting plate and screw the unit in place using the screws provided.
A floor stand for the Condeco meeting room screen is available to purchase separately. Part number: ACCE28