With Strict Password Standards, any Hippo User to the Hippo program must have a strong password.
Strong Password: a password that is not easy to access by trial or guesswork and contains a variety of characters
The rules to a strict password are as follows:
- Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters long and...
- Passwords must contain:
- One English uppercase letter (A-Z)
- One English lowercase letter (a-z)
- One Number (0-9)
- One special character (symbols such as !, $, #, %)
- After five failed login attempts, a User is locked out for a 15 min. period. To increase security, when a user attempts to log in again while being locked out and fails, the lockout time period resets to 15 minutes.
- Only the system administrators have the ability to reset the account password. Admins, click here to learn more
- Resetting the user password will not unlock the account. The user will have to wait the 15 minutes
- Also, it is suggested that Users change the password after the first login, every 90 days, and never the same password as the previous five passwords used.
- Passwords cannot contain the User's username, first or last name, nor any of the following: password, hippo, office, 12345, 98765
The Strict Password Standard setting helps restrict cybersecurity issues within your organization.