This guide provides detailed instructions on how to use the XML import tool. In addition, it contains recommendations on best practices, tutorials for getting started, and troubleshooting information for common situations.
The XML import tool is valuable as it allows you to do things the in-app import cannot. These items include:
- Making updates to existing information
- Importing to modules the in-app import doesn't touch
- Work Order History
- Schedule Progress
- Importing custom field data
- Creating asset group trees larger than 24 characters long
- Specifying numerous details on imports otherwise not allowed
- Parts: Favorites, tracked, cost override, Min/Norm/Max levels, Vendor part info, adding multiple preferred vendors, serialized parts, and even warranty information.
- Assets: Choose an asset class other than Fixed Equipment. Vendor/customer contacts, etc.
- Contacts: Employees, Vendors and customers can be associated to specific entities.